hartland

An ongoing news and commentary by Don L. Hart.

Name:
Location: Kansas, United States

Wednesday, January 30, 2019

ALL I REALLY NEED TO KNOW ABOUT RETIREMENT I LEARNED FROM MY DOGS (with apologies to Robert Fulghum)

Since retiring, I've had the blessing of being able to spend more time with my three dogs. I have learned a great deal from their company, especially in regards to leisure time. I have learned:

1) Be happy with the basics of life: food, water, a warm place to sleep, a yard to play in, and someone to keep you company.
2) A tennis ball is a lot of fun to play with.
3) Always be ready for something exciting to happen (such as the mailman arriving).
4) Always greet your loved ones when they arrive, even if they just left five minutes ago.
5) Let the world know how you feel. When you're angry, growl. When you're sad, whine. And when you're happy, stand on your hind legs and dance around.
                                                                   and finally:
6) When in doubt, take a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home